All 6 art Reviews

COTMFEAR knife kill COTMFEAR knife kill

Ahh I see now. What DoctorStrongbad is saying is when you first look at the piece, it seems like the the victim is stabbing HIMSELF in the neck, which is slightly confusing. That's actually what I thought was going on too when I first looked.

After reading your reply to him and taking another, better look I can see that there is actually someone on top of him doing the stabbing, and there is a hand around his neck. I honestly don't know what I though it was before, but yea, basically you have to stop and look closer, and not just skim the drawing, or else it looks confusing.

keesk responds:

Aaah, I see. It never occured to me that it is possible to view it that way. I guess the artist sees only his own intentions. Maybe i could have increased the contrast between the victims, and attackers clothes to avoid a misunderstanding. Thanks for the feedback!

Some essence of fear Some essence of fear

I really like how you incorporated everything! It flows very smoothly and doesn't seem just jumbled together. It took me a minute to catch some of the fears because there is so much going on, but it makes it interesting, not cluttered. Indeed very interesting to look at!

Os1r1s88 responds:

MsMaddHatt, thank you! I really appreciate the feedback. I spent a lot of time looking at a blank page trying to think of what to draw. It isn't a very "loud" drawing, so it might take a few glances to notice some things. Check back from time to time as I will frequently post new art.

Scary Rules Scary Rules

Though it's simple, it's actually a really brilliant idea and a very interesting take on the challenge!

MothmanAssociation responds:

Thank you, I actually hate how this one looks and regretted it as soon as I uploaded it but I've been too busy with other things to put in the necessary effort to improve it. I'm glad that the idea behind it is alright though.

Drip drop Drip drop

This is so soulless and black in the best way. Very very well done.

Sinking Deep Sinking Deep

First of all, the fact that you can draw water so well makes me insanely jealous. It looks amazing! Secondly, I find water terrifying, especially deep, dark water like in the ocean. Though this looks shallow, there is also the element of darkness at the edges which creeps me right out, which is exactly what this contest is for, so bravo from me.

Though I'm not afraid of drowning, I am afraid of everything that resides in those bodies of water, and the lack of light, since it removes some of the sense which you rely on so heavily.
Either way, excellent work, seriously.

I followed the light I followed the light

The poetic commentary made it so much better. I adore unsettling things. It's lovely :)

Djoresh responds:

I agree, the commentary adds allot to this piece.

It was one of those rare creative revelations that just come when you do not expect them, it gave me a shiver when it just rolled into my mind.
I knew I had to use this allong with some small hidden creepy things in the illustration.

Thank you for checking my illustration and your review!